THE MYSTERY OF THE White LionS:
- Craig Mark (Kizo Art Consultants) introduced South African wildlife photographer Veronica Coetzer to Linda Tucker the CEO of the White Global Protection Trust after a visit to her sanctuary in the Timbavati in 2012.
- Veronica was very touched by the tragic tale of the sacred White Lion and created a body of artworks in order to generate awareness and revenue to assist Linda in her fight to save the White Lion from extinction.
- It is estimated that less than 500 White Lion still exist and no laws exist to protect those few that remain on the planet. The beauty and rarity of these wonderful animals have resulted in the unethical practice known as “canned hunting” which consists of the interbreeding of lion that carry the rare white lion gene and the hand rearing of these cubs until they are old enough to be hunted by wealthy international hunters despite their tame natures.
- The White Lion are considered to be the most sacred and spiritual of all animals by the African shamans and High Sanusi Credo Mutwa’s opinion in regards to the significance of the White Lion is widely quoted in Linda’s book.
- Veronica created the collection after several visits to the Timbavati, interviews with Linda, reading Linda’s book “The Mystery of the White Lion – Children of the Sun God”, reading several books by Credo Mutwa and her own visions, dreams and experiences.
- See www.whitelionart.COM or view the following E-brochure http://www.whitelionart.com/ebooks/White_Lion_E-Catalogue/ to see the artworks and for more information on the project and the artist.
- Visit www.whitelion.org for information on the White Lion Global Protection Trust.